Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Fondue Part Deux

What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than with chocolate.  This was the perfect opportunity for me to break out the fondue pot and create some chocolaty magic! 



I used The Melting Pot's "Flaming Turtle" recipe, but made a couple of adjustments.  I didn't use 151 rum and set it on fire.  I didn't think anything good could come from me trying to do that.  If I have to ask myself "should I have the fire extinguisher handy when I do this?" then I usually decide it's probably not a good idea.  Also, I didn't have milk chocolate, I only had semi-sweet.  I like dark chocolate, but I live in a household of milk chocolate people.  I was hoping the caramel would sweeten things up.  Sadly it did not.  My people tried it and dipped quite a bit into it, but still complained because it wasn't milk chocolate.  They liked it enough, but they didn't love it.



The dipping items consisted of marshmallows, strawberries and chunks of pound cake.  These items were a huge hit!  Next time I think I'll throw some pineapple into the mix and maybe chunks of brownie.  Pure heaven!



No comments:

Post a Comment